If you own a DroidX then this might happen to you with the current implementation of the Moto/Google software; when you’re typing a text message, the screen will either not update, appear incorrect or if you’re typing away and the on-screen keyboard goes away.
Having tried the official method of going through Verizon support which resulted in a new (refurbed) phone, only 3 weeks later for the same issue to recur, I realised this must be something else. The good news it is, and is easily fixed!
From your DroidX home screen….
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
- Click on “All Applications”
- Find “Multi-touch keyboard”
- On the next screen, under the “Storage” section, click “Clear Data”
- That should resolve the issue seen.