This is a reminder for me and hopefully a help for new Nikon users!
The camera set up:
1. press the menu button
2. go down to the pencil
3. go down to #22 which is Built-in flash
4. press ok
5. go down to commander mode
6. press ok
7. Make sure that group A has a Mode of TTL
8. make sure to press OK or it will not save
The flash set up:
1. Turn it on
2. hold the ZOOM and the – button down until the screen changes
3. keep pressing the + button till you see a S shaped arrow. It should say OFF right above it.
4. when you see that press the MODE button. The screen should say ON
5. hold the ZOOM and the – button down until the screen changes again.
6. the screen should have a CH with a 3 above it and the word GROUP with an A above it.
7. now pop your flash up and you ready to go